PORTFOLIO ENTRY # 5.
Pick up the book
Discourse and Context in Language Teaching. Divide the class into 4 groups. Take ONE chapter and prepare an oral presentation with a slide show (Power Point). Upload your presentation to your portfolio with Slideshare.
Remember to include a COVER (Name of college, subject, teacher, members of the group) a BODY of SLIDES, BLIBLIOGRAPHY (appropriately cited ), new examples, QUOTATION MARKS for quotes and aknowledgement for pictures.
- cohesion in oral presentation,
- cohesion in slide share,
- completion of task (see above),
- quality and clear presentation,
- choice of NEW examples,
- interaction within your group and with your audience,
- accuracy and fluency of language,
- handouts with tasks (for your audience),
- (last but not least) creativity!
BOOK: Celce-Murcia, M. & Olshtain, E. (2000): Discourse and Context in Language Teaching. A Guide for Language Teachers. Chapters 6, 7, 8 &; 9. U.K.: CUP.
Slideshare available HERE.You have to login